We hope you really enjoy your visit to Northstar! Here’s some information about what to expect at one of our Sunday morning worship gatherings.
- Generally, we meet each Sunday throughout the year at the YMCA of Pulaski County
- For the month of July, we meet at Claytor Lake State Park for Worship at the Lake (9am) as a way to reach the campers and enjoy corporate worship in a beautiful outdoor setting
- In December, we meet on Sunday evenings as simple family-oriented gatherings for December Nights (different location) as a way to give our volunteers a chance to enjoy the holidays with family and friends
- When we are at the YMCA, our typical worship time is 10AM
- When we shift to Worship at the Lake in July, we bump up our worship time to 9AM
- When we shift to December Nights, our family worship time is typically 6:30pm
WHAT TO EXPECT:
When you arrive on Sunday morning, you’ll find warm, friendly folks there to greet you and help you get information about the morning – including directions in placing your child in children’s ministry.
We’re very casual, so come comfortable. But come ready for a vibrant worship experience. We suspect you may come a little nervous, but you’ll be refreshed and feel like you’ve been among friends.
THE WORSHIP GATHERING:
Is casual and contemporary. Sermons are biblically focused to help the curious find faith and the committed move from attendance to service.
Music ranges from simple acoustic sounds to full band with songs ranging from hymns to modern praises by Crowder, Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Bethel, among others.
FAMILIES WITH KIDS:
We have an incredible children’s ministry during our worship gatherings for birth through 5th grade, staffed with folks whose priority is to help your child fall in love with Jesus Christ. You’ll be delighted to hear how much your child enjoyed their time at Northstar. Our overall goal is not just to provide Sunday growth for your child but to also encourage and equip you as a parent to be the primary spiritual influence in your child’s life.
If it’s your first time, please try to have your children check in at the family ministry table about 10 minutes prior to the start of the service.