The holiday season is knocking on our door which means Northstar Church will once again be partnering with the local Department of Social Services to provide every foster child in Pulaski, Montgomery, and Giles County with a Bag of Joy for Christmas. This is an awesome opportunity for us to Be The Church in a very tangible way by sharing the love of Jesus with these children!
Pulaski County alone currently has 78 children in the foster care system, so our campus has a great challenge before us! If you have never participated in this initiative let us encourage you to prayerfully step up as a family to help support our local foster kids.
It is simple:
- Each bag is assigned to either a male or female with their age
- Inside each bag there will be a slip of paper giving basic instructions for what is and is not allowed as gifts
- The process is as simple as checking out a bag of your choice at one of our Sunday morning Worship Gatherings
- the next time you go shopping, fill it up
- this is a fantastic ministry opportunity for your kids to shop for someone else
- Return it by the assigned due date
- Pray as a family for the children of the bags you fill
Bags will be available beginning this Sunday November 5 and we will be collecting them each Sunday in November. BAGS MUST BE RETURNED NO LATER THAN SUNDAY NOVEMBER 26!
If you have any questions about picking up a bag, what to buy, and/or returning it please contact Mandy Farris at 540.449.5900.