Obviously, our BE THE CHURCH vision is important outside the walls of our Sunday worship gatherings, but it is also important inside the walls each week. Our leadership philosophy at Northstar is to replace yourself. We realize it is not about us, so in every area of ministry we want to recruit, equip, & train folks to help expand our opportunities to do ministry with excellence & joy. This means we always need more people to get involved.
We understand you may want to get an idea of what you are committing to before making a decision. For more information about any of the following Church Teams, contact the appropriate leader:
SETUP & TEAR DOWN TEAM – We are a mobile church, and therefore always need an army of folks willing to either arrive early or remain after service to setup and tear down.
To learn more contact: Adam Parker
FAMILY TEAM – Whether you have kids and/or are interested in helping to lead them, we are always looking for folks to invest in our youth and children!
Contact Vince Oliveri to start the process.
HOSPITALITY TEAM – If you like to smile this is the team for you! The main expectation is to greet anyone arriving each week and to direct guests where to go.
Contact Debbie Van Epp to find out more.
WORSHIP & TECH TEAM – If you have a gift as a musician or have an interest in audio/video technology, contact Jason Paljug to learn how you can serve on this team! A/V training available.
MEMBER CARE TEAM – As a covenant member church, we want to create a culture that prays, encourages, and supports one another consistently!
Find out how you can help by contacting: Mandy Farris
For brief descriptions of expectations for some of the teams, click the following links:
- SET UP & TEAR DOWN TEAM — the reality of meeting in a school is that we have to set up & tear down anything we use
- CHILDREN’S MINISTRY— this is a vital arm of our ministry to reach local families (background check required)
- Audio/video tech — this would include helping with sound, video presentation (no experience required)
- Worship — an important element to our worship gatherings (audition & interview required)
- HOSPITALITY TEAM — which includes:
- Greeting Team — an easy way to play a very important role for our Sunday mornings
- Followup — a behind the scenes opportunity involving writing cards to guests that visit on Sundays
If you have any further questions about these areas, let us know. Thank you ahead of time for your stepping up to help us Be The Church.