Although the Sunday morning experience is invaluable to your spiritual growth, getting connected at the small group level will also strengthen and encourage you as we do life together
Why Small Groups?
Small groups are where ministry takes place, relationships develop, and people are encouraged and supported. Small groups give us an opportunity – no matter how “big” Northstar gets in our Sunday morning gatherings – to be “small” together.
In our small groups, you will study the Bible, experience prayer, make some of your closest friends and reach out to others in both service and sharing so that they too might experience the love of Christ through us.
Four pillars our small groups are built on:
- Love. Small groups enable us to practice obedience by loving one another and our guests. We discover ways that we can help each other be all that God intended us to be.
- Learn. We intentionally study the Bible and seek to apply God’s Word to our daily living. We may use Christian books, material or curriculum, but we choose carefully so that we’ll be instructed in godly living.
- Serve. Our small groups minister together. Each group is always seeking ways to “be the church” in our communities. By serving one another and together, we grow in our faith and practice.
- Reach. We want to be obedient to Jesus Christ and experience the joy of helping others find forgiveness in Him and follow His teachings. So we have an outward focus, always seeking to lead new people to Christ.
FALL 2018 SMALL GROUPS
Our small groups will be kicking off the week of SEPT 9. Check out the link for group details –> FALL 2018 Small Group
If you are interested in our current small groups, please fill out our Small Group Interest Form
*Childcare will be available at as many of our sites as possible, but please let the group leader know ahead of time to confirm the need for a sitter.
SUMMER RHYTHM — Big Small Group
Each summer our small groups take a break from the norm and converge for BIG Small Group. Along with worship, prayer, and a BSG provides the opportunity for our folks to share their faith journey, a time to teach, and a time to have spiritual discussions in breakout groups.
We meet on Wednesday evenings in the large pavilion at Randolph Park (Dublin) from 6:30-8pm.
- every Wednesday (6, 13, 20 27)
- no BSG
- Worship at the Lake
- Kid’s Camp at the YMCA (16-19)
- first four Wednesdays (1, 8, 15, 22)