By this time, almost everyone is looking forward to some sense of normalcy and rhythm in life, especially when it comes to getting together with friends and family! June will be here soon enough, and with it comes our Summer Worship at the Lake!
If you have been around Northstar for long, you know we have spent at least a month each year at the lake since we started back in 2012. This year, due to our partnership with the Baptist Campground in Newbern, Worship at the Lake will be from June 7 – August 30 (10am Worship). Recently, the governor updated the restrictions regarding COVID-19, and although there is a 50% capacity allowance, being outside is a significant game changer. If you are hesitant, please feel free to distance yourselves as much as you would like. We do, after all, have an entire peninsula to worship on!
Also, by committing to 3 months of outdoor worship services, there is a good chance weather may come into play along the way.
This page (along with our social media platforms) will remain updated throughout the summer regarding weather changes. If, by chance we need call an audible, we will post and communicate it. Otherwise, we will see you at Worship at the Lake*!
*Sunday June 28 – we have reserved two different shelters at Randolph Park for worship at 10am. The adults will gather at the Dublin High School shelter and the kids will gather at the gazebo shelter
*Sunday July 5 – we have reserved shelter #1 at Claytor Lake State Park for the day. We will have worship at 10am and then it is up to you to hang out as long as you would like! We will plan to have yard games, a picnic lunch/cookout, etc as a church/community!!
LOGISTICAL FAQ’s (for the Baptist Campground)
- Where is the Baptist Camp?
- Turn onto Towes Ferry Road (at the Wilderness Road Museum) and go for 1.7 miles
- At the cul-de-sac take a sharp right
- Park in the grass once you get to the campground
- 4337 Towes Ferry Rd, Dublin, VA 24084
- Do I need a chair?
- Bring a lawn chair
- Picnic tables are also available
- Is there any shade?
- There is a guaranteed shelter (along with several shade trees) at the baptist campground, but feel free to bring a tailgating canopy if you would like to keep your distance)
- What about bathrooms?
- There are bathrooms on site
- What about my kids?
- There will be childcare for kids 3 and under
- For more information about what we are offering for children click here and scroll to the Worship at the Lake section.
- What about parking?
- We will have some folks helping with parking as you pull in